Let's Sew Many Designs

A place for sewing friends to share machine embroidery designs and sew much more!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
made4youbyme
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:48 pm

lol! and sometimes there's pictures lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jps3dcreations.com
EmbroideryRN
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:01 pm

and lots of turkeys!
I love turkeys! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://embroideryrndesigns.com
mrsb325
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:38 am

Yep Judy, I read a lot. I love Fern Michaels, Sandra Brown, Nora Roberts. I will have to check out Debbie Macomber, sounds interesting.

Also, I have read "Lets Sew Many Designs" from cover to cover. Its really good. and new pages are added daily. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mel
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:17 am

Someone on here(LSMD) recommended to me the book "The Shack" oh my I can not tell you how wonderful it is! I read it in 3 days only because I was sick other wise I'd of read it in 1 and a half or two days at the most. If you are a christian you must read this book and if you are not a believer then you must read this book too. I was touched and changed I recommend that you read the forward of the book before reading chapter one.
Also has anyone seen the movie "Fire Proof"? It is a christian movie. I have had many people tell me it is a must see and some have seen it twice.
Anyway I love to read christian romance. One of the last ones I read was called "scraps of love" one book with 4 novellas inner twined stories about a hand made quilt. I have a used book store less than 5 minutes away from my house.
I buy my stuff there. By the way I seen my Secret Pal listed a favorite Arthur do any of you mind used books? thinking I could pick some up there for my S/P and maybe get 2 for the price of one. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
made4youbyme
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:36 am

I think that is a great idea Mel!! We have several bookstores around, I am going have to go check them out and see if I can find any of the ones you guys have recommended.
We also have an Ollies. Does anyone else have one near them. They carry lots and lots of books and most are Christian books. And they sell at very reasonable prices, and are brand new. http://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com/ I have been there for awhile may need to go see what they have.
Back to top Go down
emtdeb
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:28 am

I love to read and will read most anything. my hubby also likes to read so we frequent the used book store often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mel
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:47 pm

I never heard of Ollies but I'm gonna go check out the site you gave.
Oh man I want a Ollies store near me 😢 neat stuff you are lucky to have one.
Mel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yellowrose49
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:57 pm

I love to get reused,secondhand useful books. I don't have a used book store here but checkout most of my books from the library and occosionally they have paperbacks for sale cheap and I check them out to see if I find one I like. I look at garage sales also. I'm going to have to look for "the shack" and "scraps of love" they sound good. Judy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
made4youbyme
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:56 pm

I can't believe October is half way over... Where did it go! :scratch:
Secret pal start watching you mail box!!! You have a little surprise coming your way Wink
Back to top Go down
yellowrose49
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:25 pm

I had the most pleasant surprise yesterday. I received from my Secret Pal a wonderful birthday gift of a beaufiul glass vase filled with spicy fall smelling poperri{can't spell it but love it} It has little lights in it to light it up and enhance the smell. Then she cover the top with a beautiful linen top with embroidery and wonderful crochet edging.
Thank you Secret Pal. Your the greatest and I so appreciate your thoughtfullness. Will try to get a picture to post soon. I'm still trying Rolling Eyes to be good and make the Santa good list for a new camera for christmas but until then I have to rely on DD to help me out.
Thanks again SP. Judy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
made4youbyme
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 pm

That sounds just beautiful Judy. Can't wait to see it

And by the Way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! sunny Hope you had a great day
Back to top Go down
Mel
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:12 am

Yellowrose: Hope you had a wonderful birthday clown jocolor Can't wait to see the picture's, hope santa comes early to your house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrsb325
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Okay everyone, as I have said in the past. I have the most WONDERFUL SECRET PAL in the world !!!!!!!!! Well, she has outdone herself again. I have received 2 of the cutest things you have ever seen. and she had them ordered and made by different people in different parts of the US. too cool. I received them both on the same day. One is the cutest handmade wooden pumpkin that is actually made in 2 pieces that fit together to make it. The other is a handemade chalk board, complete with a tiny eraser. I was sooo surprised and excited. I LOVE both of them, and have put them both to use already. I can tell you it felt like rendeer at my house. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you Secret Pal. flower
I have attached a picture for All to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allthingsthatsparkle
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:08 pm

That is just so cute. I am such a bad secret pal I need to get busy and send her something else. I can't believe it is going to be Christmas pretty soon.
HUgz from Ky.
Wanda
Back to top Go down
View user profile
made4youbyme
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Rhonda Those are real cute. I have a reindeer that comes apart but never have seen a pumpkin that did that...how nice!!

Wanda I am with you I can believe October has come and almost gone, Where did the summer go. I was even off this summer and it went by fast!!
Back to top Go down
mrsb325
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Wow, the strangest thing just happened. MY DH came in with the mail and he dropped a package at Tobys (my cat) feet, and said "this is for you" !!! My mind was blown, so I opened it, and sure enough, it is the cutest fish made out of felt. It must have catnip in it, as he went nuts (never had any before) and will not let me have it even long enough to take a picture. I can only imagine that it had to come from MY Secret Pal, as it said (Secret Buddy) on the back of the envelope. I don't have a way to figure out if i this is true until Dec when we reveal who we are, so all I can do is say if it was you.... THANK YOU. That was the sweetest thing anyone has done in a long time. He loves it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrsb325
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Duane, I would love to see your Reindeer.

Wanda, I agree with you both. Christmas is right around the corner and I haven't even started anything... Yikes !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yellowrose49
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Rhonda, great gift and you are a lucky girl and lucky cat. Laughing Love the pumpkin. Judy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
made4youbyme
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:01 pm

[quote="mrsb325"]Duane, I would love to see your Reindeer.

When I unpack the Christmas stuff I will try to remember to post a picture. There was like 5 pieces....2 legs, 1 body, 1 head and the antlers. DH made them for Christmas presents for all the siblings. You put a big red pom pom on for the nose and wiggley eyes.
Back to top Go down
mrsb325
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:28 pm

Duan, It sounds so cute. I love handmade stuff like that. Can't wait to see it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emtdeb
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:12 am

Very, very cute. I love that little chalk board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yellowrose49
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 am

I guess since this swap is over we can reveal our secret pals names. Mine was Becky. Becky I sure enjoyed having you for my secret pal even if it did get mixed up and was revealed to you earlier with the gift certificate idea. Sorry about that but it was fun. Judy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allthingsthatsparkle
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:57 am

I thought we were to have this secret pal thru Christmas. I hate some have not been receiving. I have sent but been slow to send. I was going to make up for it at Christmas. Oh no.
Hugz from Ky.
Wanda
Back to top Go down
View user profile
froggie31
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:03 am

If you have someone you would still like to send to Christmas you can I will leave that up to yall :)

Hugz,Margie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrsb325
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:18 pm

Hmmm, guess we can reveal now, huh? My Secret Pal was Margie (froggie31). I had a great time making special frog items for her.
I think my Secret Pal was Duan (madeforyoubyme) I am waiting to see if I was right. lol!
This was fun and I do look forward to the next round.

Last edited by mrsb325 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)   

Back to top Go down

Secret pals Swap (This one has ended :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next