Let's Sew Many Designs

A place for sewing friends to share machine embroidery designs and sew much more!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Serging

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Serging   Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi everyone,

Now I know this is a soft topic and it not for men really but for women. I had some old under wear. OK, I could not not toss them out because there was nothing wrong with them except washed to many times. I decided to set my Singer Ultralock to a rolled edge now the settings is one needle set for 3 on the dial and looper upper is set for 3 and bottom looper is set for 4. No thread in the second needle or the first one to the right on the machine.

Where the panties meet in the groin area you can serge this area and take off a quarter of an inch then do the same to the back. Then you can fold in the little bit sew it down with a regular sewing machine that hangs over and your panties are no longer to big to wear.  Simple and easy as one two three.

Here is a tip about over locker's or serger machines. When changing the threads on the loopers put a new spool of thread on cut the old one off up high tie the new spool of thread to the old end and pull both looper threads thru and  you have both loopers threaded quick as a wink no messing around trying to find each hole to pass the thread thru. Then thread your needles as usual.

Sharon
Back to top Go down
EmbroideryRN
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Serging   Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:44 am

Neat tip!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://embroideryrndesigns.com

Serging
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1