Let's Sew Many Designs

A place for sewing friends to share machine embroidery designs and sew much more!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rag Quilt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Rag Quilt   Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi,

This is the simple quilt to make and you can make your square's or rectangles in any size you like as long as you stick to one size per quilt or two sizes.

First I work with a 9 by 9 piece of material. I cut two pieces at the same time. Taking the bottom piece placing it good side down place on top a piece of cotton baton that is 8" by 8" center it on the material then place the top piece of material on top with good side up. Now you can make a bunch like this. I like to put a design on the square to hold down the baton so when washed it does not bunch up in a corner. I free motion quilt it or make sewing lines from corner to corner or just sew one inch lines down the square which looks great when you put them together making each design lines in a different direction. Or you can embroidery each square on one side before putting them together making sure to do the baton at the same time. Once you have your squares done by measuring them to see how large you want your quilt with 8 inch squares 7 squares across would be 56 inches with 10 down would be 80 inches long.

Now sew the squares together one inch in from the edges once you have your squares together with the edges all sewn neatly in on one side and rag on the other side you then make snips in the material half an inch in making the cuts 1/4 inches apart approximately. Then your are finished you can either snip the sides or you can put binding on the edges either way looks great. Any questions please feel free to ask. Sharwy
Back to top Go down
EmbroideryRN
Embroidery Top Dog
Embroidery Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rag Quilt   Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:49 am

Thanks! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://embroideryrndesigns.com

Rag Quilt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1